CLINICAL BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER
Are you commercially minded but clinically trained? Staels Design Ltd is recruiting for a business development manager with a clinical background to join its rapidly growing start-up team. The company launched its award winning WheelAir product in early 2018, with a next gen product suite launched in September 2019. What started as a vision to cool down those with spinal cord injuries so that they can be more active has now turned into a mission to stop heat induced seizures, spasms, moisture lesions, pressure sores and any other thermal discomfort for wheelchair users. The clinical business development manager will have the opportunity to further develop the company’s commercial interests on an international scale.
You will be working closely with the company’s Clinical Educator and CEO to fully understand overheating, over-sweating and the implications of microclimate on skin health and further spread this message with existing and new partners. Your key clients will consist of seating manufacturers, wheelchair brands and mobility distributors. Those who make the purchase decision often have a clinical background, which is why a clinical background for this role is preferred – albeit not essential.
As a key member of the start-up team you will have the ability to fully utilise your knowledge and learning into developing a commercial strategy and see immediate output of your actions. Being part of the start-up team at this stage offers unique abilities to grow your career and eventually become part of the leadership team. The business is looking for a passionate and driven individual who loves to travel and wants to join a team where they can make a real difference. Ideally you are currently based in the United Kingdom, Netherlands or Belgium.
- A commercially focused individual who is results driven;
- Previous experience working in business development;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (English);
- Enthusiasm, energy and determination;
- Flexible, adaptable with the ability to use own initiative;
- Driver’s license;
- Proficient in 2 languages or more;
- A clinical background such as a degree in Occupational Therapy or Physiotherapy;
- Experience working in the mobility industry;
- Help develop and implement the company’s international commercial strategy;
- Visit existing and new commercial partners;
- Work with the Clinical Educator to fully understand thermoregulatory topics;
- Deliver clinical and product training;
- Account manage key clients;
- Participate in trade shows;
Email CV and cover letter to email@example.com